Goodwill Industries of Northeast Iowa, Inc. is committed to the health and safety of our team members, shoppers, donors, program participants, and community. We are actively monitoring recommendations from our local and state death departments, the CDC, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and continuing to do everything we can to keep health and safety as our top priority. The following includes information about store openings and closures.
RE-OPENED STORES ARE TAKING THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- We are encouraging everyone to wear a mask.
- We will continue to disinfect the store, and especially high touch areas, multiple times a day.
- Employees are encouraged to practice CDC-recommended prevention steps, including; washing their hands frequently throughout the workday, limiting close contact with others, and staying home if they are ill.
- We are marking our floors near checkout lanes, so there is at least 6 feet of separation between customers.
- Everyone will be required to adhere to social distancing expectations while working or shopping at Goodwill. To practice social or physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, and do not gather in groups.
- Goodwill staff, consumers, and guests are encouraged to wear masks at all times.
- We are quarantining donated items before they are placed on the sales floor.
For the protection of our customers, donors, and team members, please continue to follow the Governor’s recommendation for limiting community spread by staying in your local community.